Friday 1 March 2013

Evaluation: Question 3 - What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I used iMovie to show all the different bits of feedback that I got from my teaser trailer, film poster and film magazine and explained how these impacted on my work and how they helped me make my work better.





The feedback discussed in this video

Facebook feedback (social networking feedback)

Throughout the creation of my film poster and magazine I regularly put up them both up on Facebook asking for different  bits of feedback from my audience including strengths, weaknesses, areas for improvement and representation of the thriller genre. All the feedback I got back was very useful and enabled me to keep improving my poster and magazine at lots of different stages.

Audience interviews video

At the beginning of the year we conducted some audience interviews for help while creating the trailer. These interviews were good because they helped us shape which convention of the thriller genre we could use based on what our audience expect to see in a thriller trailer. Also these audience interviews were very useful as they helped us think about the basics we needed to include in the teaser trailer.

Feedback from other media students

Twice in the process of creating our media products we did screenings to the rest of our class of them asking for feedback and ways to improve. This feedback was very useful as it gave us a fresh new look on our work from other people who also studied media and so understand what is needed for a professional looking teaser trailer, film poster and film magazine.

Other feedback that helped with the creation of my 3 media products


 Proposals -We came up with two different ideas for a plot for the trailer and discussed the
the mise-en-scene, editing, cinematography and sound that we would use for creating each one. We then asked our media teacher which  one she liked the best and this onewas the idea that we went forward with and developed into a treatment.

Tagline Ideas - We found it hard to think of a tagline for or film and so I posted a status on Facebook asking for some tagline ideas and one person suggested 'I'd kill to know who I am' and we both liked this one and so decided to use it for our film poster.

Magazine Tagline - When it cameto creating the film magszine I thought of the title 'Climax' but couldn't think of a suitable tagline/positioning statement for this and so I asked my tutor for some ideas and we threw arounda few ideas and came to 'For the final word in all that is film' and I really liked this and so decided to use it.

Teacher Feedback for Angela - Angela's feedback was incredible useful and relevant throughout the creation of all of my media products. From the beginning she understood the kind of narrative we wanted and gave us some existing trailer with more ideas in order to improve ours. Also she liked the Law abiding citizen poster which is the one I modelled my poster on and gave me more ideas on how to make mine look more like this one and more of the thriller genre. Also when creating my film magazine she suggested that I add a question mark on the main images this would help hint at the narrative of the main film the magazine was advertising with was the thriller teaser trailer we were making.



No comments:

Post a Comment