Saturday 26 January 2013

Research and planning- sound research for the film trailer

Today I did some research about the different sounds that could go into a thriller trailer. These sounds include crashs, high pitch sounds, knocking, tension stings, explosions, drum beats, voiceovers, sound effects and music. Some of these sounds can easily be recreated and I have been using some household items to create some sounds and do some experimenting.

I found that if you put a little water into a wine glass and rubs the top of the glass you can some high pitch sounds which are often seen in film trailers.

 



Next I got a tall coke cola glass, added water and tried the same thing. By doing this I managed to create a little deeper sound. 




Next I used a slimmer tall glass and did the same but found out that this did not work as well. 









Next I got a coffee mug, tried the same thing but again it didn't work as well as the wine glass did. 





Next I got an empty plastic yoghurt tub and hit it against the desk a few times and found that this created a knocking sound that could be used to add tension to a film trailer





After this I tried some other objects and gently banged them on the desk to see what sound they made. Both a bottle top and the top of a bottle made a similar sound to the yoghurt tub. 




No comments:

Post a Comment