Thursday 10 January 2013

Research and planning-shot research for film magazine

I couldn't figure out what kind of shot I wanted for my film magazine and couldn't decide whether or not I wanted my main actor to be looking forward,to the side or not directly at the camera.

In order to get more ideas on the shot types that are typically seen in film magazines of the action/thriller genre I search online for existing film magazine to see what shot types they had used.

These are the images I found:

 
 
 
 
On all of these existing magazine covers the shot type used in a long shot of mid shot and in each photo the main actor is looking straight down the camera lens
 
From this activity I now know that I want to use a long shot or meduim long shot for my film magazine and for each image I take I will make sure that my main actor is looking straight down the camera lens as this is typically seen in action thriller magazine covers as shown above. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment