Friday 14 September 2012

Research and planning-photoshop challenge

Our media teacher Angela set us a challenge on Adobe Photoshop to create a film poster that fits the genre of trailer we chose to make. We were given this challenge to see how much we could now do on Photoshop and how much we could remember about the different tools on Photoshop that we used last year when creating a college magazine and then a music magazine.

I think that this task really helped me because whilst I was doing it I began to remember bits and pieces about some of the useful tools within Photoshop. I used the free-transform tool to change the size of my car image. Also I used the text tool to add a title and slogan for the film. Then after this I also used the magic wand tool to cut around the 15 certificate logo and remove its original background before inserting it into my film poster. As well as this during the process of creating my film poster I rememberd how to use layers properly within my work and how to add something on a different layer.

However whilst I was creating the film poster I forgot to check the canvas size and so it ended up being a very large poster that was more than a metre wide. In order to correct this and make the picture a reasonable size when saving this file I had to lower the quality of the image in order to make the file size smaller so that it could be uploaded to blogger.

Below is the film poster I created using Adobe Photoshop:-

No comments:

Post a Comment